We’re looking for people who do brilliant work.
In return we’ll give you an opportunity to change the world in a place that’s fun, supportive and unrelenting in its pursuit of the right solution.
Scientist/Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist
Our vision is to use genomic insights to transform the drug discovery industry, where high attrition rates for drug candidates result in super-long development lead times and sky-high costs. By getting better drugs developed more quickly we can help patients suffering from a range of conditions. We are now seeking scientists to join our team to identify and validate combinations of targets, diseases and biomarkers for new medicines.
You should have:
• A strong quantitative and computational background.
• Experience analysing genome-wide genetic variation datasets.
• The ability to summarize and visualize complex datasets to look for patterns of association, or potential biases, through detailed analysis.
• Experience in applying standard statistical approaches and modern computational tools.
• The ability to explain complex ideas to both specialists and non-specialists.
Ideally you should also have:
• Previous experience analysing whole-genome or whole-exome sequencing data.
Our expectations for the amount of experience in these areas will vary with the seniority of the role. We have suitable positions for individuals who have recently completed, or are due to complete, their PhDs, as well as for existing postdoctoral fellows or PIs. We will consider strong candidates interested in moving into genetics applications from other areas of data science.
In return we offer:
• The opportunity to work in an ambitious young company – alongside highly talented colleagues – that combines cutting-edge research with commercial delivery.
• Unprecedented access to data – the chance to work with one of the largest and fastest-growing genotype-phenotype databases in the world.
• Research on real problems faced by the pharma industry, where use of novel tools and approaches will radically change the efficiency of drug development.
• The chance to contribute to work that will have a direct impact on people and disease treatment.
• The opportunity for hacking on blue sky projects and research.
• A competitive salary, with pension, private healthcare, share options and other benefits.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.Apply
It takes a real mix of skills – statistics, biology, commerce and technology – and we are always on the lookout for individuals with exceptional technical skills who are also highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
If you think you have the skills to join our team, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
“There’s an amazing opportunity which will only be secured by overcoming the obstacles around the data. It will change the world and we can be part of that.”JOHN COLENUTT, COO